Thursday, November 19, 2009

Honey of the Week: Aloe Vera


Many know her by her first and last name -- Aloe Vera. 

I simply like to call her Aloe.  I've known her all my life.  We've been through ups and downs.  I remember being introduced to her when I was in elementary school as my parents tried to get my sister Stacey and I to stop sucking our thumbs.  They would break her in half and put the juice on our thumbs.  Resistent to such change we would rinse our thumbs and stick it right back in our mouths.  But Aloe, you trickster, although odorless, your lingered on our thumb for hours.  And when we put our thumbs back in our mouths all we tasted was straight bitterness. 

Aloe has proven herself to be a viable candiate for Honey of the Week.  She has been here for centuries and has always taken care of others.  She never plans to retire and does her job for free!  Every day it seems that her healing properties broaden.  I just read that she heals gums and teeth now.  What more can I say, she's the bomb!  Aloe, with all that you have done and continue to do, the least that I can do to show you my dying appreciation is to make you Honey of the Week.  Congrats Sweetie.  Love ya Lots!

No comments: