Friday, October 23, 2009

Product Spotlight: ACV


OMG!  I'm in L♥VE!  I washed my hair today and then did an ACV (Apple Cider Vinger) Rinse and I smiled the entire time.  ACV is a great clarifier.  I have used other clarifiers before but NEVER EVER has my hair felt so good after.  I urge you to try this cheap clarifier because it worked for my hair. 


To my folk with locs, the ACV Rinse is a good way to help remove some build up in your hair.  My bathtub became slippery after rinsing out the ACV, because it stripped product from my hair. 


Here is some more information about ACV rinses:

ACV acidity is close to that of natural hair, it's a good conditioner and cleaning agent and it's also an effective germ killer.  Rinsing with apple cider vinegar will help balance the pH of your hair and remove the buildup that can result from the use of these styling products and inexpensive shampoos.
Rinsing will also close the numerous cuticle scales which cover and protect the surface of each hair shaft. This imparts a smoother surface which reflects more light and as a result leaves your hair shinier, smoother and easier to manage.
I mixed the ACV with water and I applied it after shampooing and then rinsed it all out.  I will do the ACV Rinse after every wash.  After the rinse I DC (deep condition) for moisture and sheen. 


ACV is not only good for hair, it's one of those products that you can use for everything.  Check this site out for more information. 
~still chasing honey

No comments: