Wednesday, September 16, 2009

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong -- Kanye West Edition

Kanye's First Apology that he posted on his site.



Kanye’s 2nd apology he posted on his site.
"I feel like Ben Stiller in “Meet the Parents” when he messed up everything and Robert De Niro asked him to leave… That was Taylor’s moment and I had no right in any way to take it from her. I am truly sorry."


Kanye's 3rd Apology on Jay Leno.
Kanye's 4th and personal apology -- After Taylor appeared on the view.


What do I think?
Kanye got issues -- yes plural. He is a narcissist and he is known for these episodes. Everyone knows he is a brat. He must have it his way. What made this different from the other episodes is that he wasn't in the category. He wasn't nominated for Best Female Artist Video Award but he felt it was his duty to speak on Beyonce's behalf. He displayed what we call the Captain Save a Hoe syndrome. What makes him think that his opinion is law?

I do believe that his mother's death is the cause of his excessive drinking. An entire bottle of hennessy -- come on really. He didn't roll through there with a styrofoam cup filled with liquor he had an entire bottle. I don't think he has dealt with his mother's passing -- that's why he dates certain women (another topic for another day) and why he is a drunk.




But a huge part of me thinks that even if he wasn't drunk he would have still pulled the same stunt. As evidenced by his first apology the he's just real. The world revolves around Kanye. We've tolerated this for years. Now we can't tame the best we created.

But anywho this may be the best thing that happened to Taylor. How many of y'all knew who she was before?



~still chasing honey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about this not from CNN or MTV, but from my mother. Now when news hits the parental forces, you know its OC!! I don't know what to say or what to think about Kanye or his latest stunt. I'll just leave it to the experts (Brenda) to decide. I do agree that a lot of things were at work. This was the most embarrasing thing I have ever seen! I don't know what I would have done had I been Taylor. And yes I know who she is...I not too familiar with the song that won her the award but I do like "Tears on My Guitar," "Love Story" and "Our Song".

Also, does Beyonce REALLY need another award? I truly think that she's getting a bit lazy in her performances but that's left to examine another day

iamkamilah said...

leave B outta this!