Monday, September 21, 2009

Hot Water Treatment for Locks

Maybe I'm paranoid but I feel like my locks aren't all the way clean. My scalp is always clean but my the locks sometimes feel dirty. This summer I was in the pool daily so I have clarified my hair several times just to get impurities out. But my hair still felt and looked unclean. I have attributed this to the product I use. I've been using Carol's Daughters Loc Butter. The product is pretty thick and when I read the ingredients it does have beeswax in it. A product that I hate and I told myself that I wouldn't use during my lock journey. Although it's not in its pure form it's one thing that I don't want in my hair. So I've been noticing that the tips of some of my hair looks gooky. And washing it repeatedly ain't getting the gook out. So I've been doing some research to see what I could do to take the product gook out.


I know that having locks means that small particles will always be in my hair. I can't control that but I can control the product I put in my hair. This is my first lock journey so I am learning a lot especially about products. So CD Loc Butter I wouldn't recommend. It's very expensive ($15.50) and the beeswax ingredient got me doing hot water treatments. CD I tried to support you. But it's my fault because I should have read the ingredients before trusting a black company with my hair. So my bad!

So a solution that I have researched for my gook problem is to do hot water treatment. Yes, just dump my hair tips in very hot water. For product junkies washing your hair with hot water will melt the product from your hair. PLEASE BE SAFE IN HANDLING EXTREMELY HOT WATER. Those folk with longer hair, all you have to do is pull your hair forward (over your face) and dunk the tips in a pot, bowl, whatever you choose to hold the hot water. I would also suggest getting someone to help you. Also put the towel over your face, for protection. Now those folk with shorter locks like myself, I would suggest sectioning your hair and dipping the tips in hot water. Get help and use a towel.

Remember that hot water will melt away the residue from your products thus, cleaning your tips for you. After dipping your hair in the hot water, take the towel and wrap your hair in it. Your hair will give off steam and act as a natural sauna.

Let me know if it works for you.

~still chasing honey