Monday, August 24, 2009

Remembering: Miami Edison Middle School Years

God works in mysterious ways. Some months ago I was chatting with a friend who started to talk about all the memories we shared. Although I remembered I wanted to forget.


On Saturday, I got a message from a girl who said we attended middle school together. I really don't remember her or the people she said she hung around with. I wanted to remember but I forgot.


Yesterday a friend from middle school posted an album of our middle school years. When I got the notification, I was like "OH NO! Please not those years." In the end, I was very excited about being taken back to those years. I became extremely nostalgic. All those people who were in my classes and who I had some type of relationship with, played an important part in my development. As I looked through those pictures and remembered my classmates, memories flooded my head. So now, I am left to think what happened to those people. Where are they now? Are they alive? Do they have families of their own now?

Maybe we will never cross paths again. But I am glad that I have a lifetime of memories that make my junior high friends a part of my life forever. As for the memories I want to forget I understand that I must not. My past made me who I am. And I must confess, I LOVE BEING ME!!!!


For your laughing pleasure -- me during my FAT, I mean Middle School years . . . .



Portable years. Our school was being renovated so they put us in portables for about 2 years. The portables were across the street from the school. Yes, that is a bottle on the desk. No, no one had a baby. Y'all remember those days when folk were drinking out of bottles and sucking on pacifiers -- that bottle belonged to Isis Cross, the girl kissing on the light skinned chick's cheek -- I never got down with that fad.



Too excited about taking a picture. There were no digital cameras back in those days. Remember when you had to buy film for your camera. Back in those days kids didn't have cameras like that. Today everyone, even elementary students have digital cameras. So when Miriam came to school with a camera we all jumped in!



Valentines Day Pictures. I already feel all the hate coming through the computer monitor.




~still chasing honey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly appreciate this entry. For me it was elementary school...and parts of middle and high school. I want to forget, desperately but I'm always reminded of who I was and who I am. My new goal is to make sure no one sends me back there; not even myself. Sometimes I get sent back there when I am around people from that area, but I musn't go back. The past is the past for a reason as you so eloquently put it. Everything has its season and now is the time to step into who God made me to be and forget the I that is no more.