Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Table Talk with Mr. Culpeppers

It's this spot called Culpeppers in STL that serve .35 wings on Tuesdays. My friends and I decided to go because we received gift cards because of lousy service on one of these .35 wing night. The wings are so damn good that we are willing to take chances with them and if all fails we'll just send emails and get more gift cards.

But anyways we meet this dude and his name is the middle name of my ex. Purely coincidental but hey, I was as excited as if he was still my man. But dude was hella funny. We were schooling him on Sierra Leone, West Africa since my friend is from there. Because he picked up on their accents (one of my friend is from S.L the other from Jamaica) he wanted to know where they were from. He said I had an accent and asked if I was from E. St. Louis, now he know I ain't from over thurrr. But anyways, he said Bahamas for my friend from Jamaica and then guessed correctly.

But for my friend from SL he could not figure it out. We gave him hecka clues like: West Africa, Diamonds, the name of the capital derives from the fact that many freed slaves returned back to this country, we sang the Kanye West song, gave him the first letter, but he could not get it. Oh yeah, and we even said Charles Taylor. Nothing seemed to click. He said that they call him Farrakhan at work and that he was embarrassed for being looked upon as a black power guru but had no idea of countries in the West. He said Kenya and Ethiopia were in the West. We weren't attempting to make him look like an ass, not our intent at all, and he knew so, I was very impressed at his level of understanding. I know many people who would have cursed us out because they would have said that we were attempting to make them look dumb. But after all that we were picking his brain and just driving him insane. He's a cool dude. The funny thing though was that after every single thought he would say, "Man it's such a blessing to have met ya'll" as if the conversation was ending and then continue to start a new independent thought. He's a cool dude!

No comments: