Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fasting Lesson: Willpower

I am on Day 17 of my 40 day fast.  I am so proud of myself.  I have been sticking to my diet.  I am at a point where food (meat) doesn't matter to me.  When I first began this fast, a KFC commercial had me drooling and so tempted but today I can go to KFC, order my veggies and bounce. 

One thing I have learned through fasting is the power of the mind.  I feel powerful when I exert self control.  When my mind tells my flesh "No!"  It's a No!

Everything I thought had a hold on me -- DOESN'T.  I have learned that I have the ability to do whatever I put my mind to.  I can overcome all challenges, in all areas of my life because I am truly powerful beyond measure.

~still chasing honey

1 comment:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Congrats on making it to day "17"! This is really awesome.
Much respect. I wish continued success.