Monday, January 18, 2010

Ayiti Update


Just wanted to inform you that my sister and her family are okay.  However, a few of my cousins did perish.  My family is handling it better than I thought they would.  Thousands of families lost loved ones and I think we find peace in knowing that we are all sharing in suffering. 

I want to thank everyone who has comforted me during these hard times.  I truly appreciate you!  And to those who have given time and donations to this cause, the Haitian Community appreciates your generosity. 

How proud would Dr. King be of our nation if he were alive today?  During these times of suffering for Haiti, you have shown enormous genorsity and love towards our fellow Haitian man, woman, and child. 

King's word are timeless.  They ring ever true even today. 
An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. 
It's a recession, unemployment is at an high, and people are giving their last, to people they don't even know.  The giving of your time and money is the perfect way to celebrate this King holdiay.  King would be proud.

Kembe la!

1 comment:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Hi iamkamilah,

I'm really happy to read that your sister and family are well. My prayers are continuously with your family and Haiti.

ChocolateOrchid