Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Out of Sight . . . Out of Mind . . .


this year I lost a baby cousin to the disease.  he was 21 years old.  even as i type these words i am still in disbelief that the disease took him away from us.  My sisters and I will sometimes in the blue say, "I can't believe he is dead."  but it was definitely him that we saw in the casket.   so young and so full of potential.  but I guess it goes without saying that HIV/AIDS does not discriminate. 

nothing hurts more than your baby cousin sobbing and telling you he's so sorry for letting you down. 

the disease is very serious and it affects us all.  so I implore you to get tested and to spread the word so that others can know their status as well. 

w/love
iamkamilah  

p.s. a great movie to watch is philadelphia with tom hanks and denzel washington.

No comments: