Sunday, November 29, 2009

I Finally Watched Precious . . .


and it was a good movie.  reading the book kinda spoiled everything for me.  so those gasping parts didn't have me gasping.  but overall it was a good film.  monique definitely played the hell outta her role of Mary Jones (1x for B-More!!) and is she is soo Oscar worthy. 

my favorite scene was the counseling session between Mary Jones (Monique), Precious, and the Social Worker (played by Mariah Carey).  that part made me feel sorry for the monster (Mary Jones).  it was then that you heard her (Mary Jones) story.  very inspiring. very touching. 

it was a good movie.  check it out if you haven't already.  below you will find a few of my favorites articles about the movie.  some sing praises others don't.  excellent reads however.   

Criticism of `Precious' unjustified
How ‘Precious’ Is Like Palin’s ‘Going Rogue’
Of Push, Precious, Percival, and “My Pafology”

share your favorie articles. 

No comments: