Thursday, November 5, 2009

Honey of the Week: MJB


Mary's National Anthem Performance reminded me of all the reasons I love her!  There are few people who can take you to church with the National Anthem.  And boy did Mary make me wanna SHOUT!  "Praise Got!"

Did you see how she SNATCHED those damn glasses off her face!  Who else does that!  Ya'll know I would have been in the field with her saying, "YOU BETTA SING!!"

You can see how much she is being moved by her own singing.  That's my girl!  She sings with soo much conviction.  She connects with the lyrics.  I love it when you people are being healed and touched by the words that come from their mouths.  Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.  And that's why she is Honey of the Week! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She killed it. I shed a tear. She almost made me even feel proud of America and patriotic...almost...LoL! So much soul and passion. I love it! America wouldn't be ish without Black folk!!!