Sunday, September 27, 2009

21 Days

Behavioral science tells us it takes 21 days to develop a habit. In just 21 days, studies show that you can take control of your time and built into your life a habit that will bring you peace, joy, and guidance. Studies say that when you want to start a habit, don't tell yourself you are doing it for life, tell yourself (your conscious brain) that you are just going to try it for 21 days. When you have completed this for 21 days your conscious mind has the choice of stopping it or carrying on, or so it thinks. Your neural pathways have formed already and you will more than likely continue with your new habit, you will have seen the benefits along the way your unconscious will want to continue if it has been beneficial.

I have decided to put this study to the test. I am dedicating 21 days, (Sunday t0 Sunday) no breaks, to exercising. Specifically I will be running. Today I am on day 3 and although I am sore and tired, I feel compelled to go to the park.

Will you take on this challenge with me? What will your 21 day habit(s) be?

~still chasing honey

No comments: