Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recommitted

So I've decided to come back. It's been over a year since I've posted anything. I opened a new site called Girl Talk on the Ning network system. I haven't really put in the effort that I should on that site -- but I will, I promise.

I'm trying to figure out my next steps. I have a ton of ideas I want to work on. I'm looking into opening a boutique (possibly with some of my own designs) and a jewelry line. When you ask - uhm in the next 2-3 years. I'm also deeply considering starting a PhD program in the fall. I want to become an undergrad Professor. My homeboy told me not to do it for society. I was kinda offended when he said that. I'm a revolutionary in my own right -- i don't follow people's paths I create my own! I do what I want to do - never what other's expect. I truly wouldn't commit to 5 years of schooling just to get a Dr. in front of my name. I have way more sense and I am so secure in who I am. But I am truly considering PhD as an option -- so I will keep you updated on that. When I think about my life, I feel like I should have 3 lifetimes because in my head there is so much I can do, so much I'm great at, and so much I'm passionate about.

Anyways a quick recap of my life. I graduate from law school in 2008. I passed my Florida Bar Exam. I started to take cases on my own. I have done majority criminal law stuff. I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the criminal justice system. I'm trying to move to Immigration Law - which is huge in Miami. I put on a production called HerStory in April, which was a huge success. I still talk to my ex. No new boo yet! But I've talked to some dudes, and they didn't work out. But I did get a host of stories about those dudes. I like where I am now. I am moving on! Feels great to say that.

Oh yeah! I moved back home to Miami with my parents. Urgh! I've been out so long that it's something different, but I don't pay no bills so I'm alright with it FOR NOW! I hope to move out by next year. Try moving a 2 bedroom, fully furnished loft into a small bedroom. My point exactly. lol! My car is still moving, got it my sophomore year at Spelman. So it's 7 years old and I'm going to ride it out until the wheels fall off.

Just thinking of things I need to tell you about since its been a hot minute. But expect to see me more often. I forgot how much I loved blogging. I plan to use my site for my personal sanity but also to blog about current events, hot trends, etc.

Oh yeah the most important thing I almost forgot! I have locs now. July 10, made it my 1 year lociversary! I love them, I'll post some pics of them as well. So we will definitely talk about my lock journey as well as some things I am learning about maintaining them.

Yay! we'll have so much to discuss. So stay posted!

be 21!

No comments: